Thursday, January 4, 2024

Pocket Money




Happy new year!

I promised myself that I will update my blog everysay with a topic. I think I need to polish my English writings so I will start with short blogs.

When it comes to new year, some relatives will give money to those who are still studying. I remember when I was in school, I recieved pocket money from my grandmas and my parents.

Usually my dad gave me RM5 per week as my pocket money. Back then, not all things were expensive. I only spent 50 cents everyday, buying nasi lemak at the canteen. But nowadays you can't get food for 50 cents. Even teh o beng is RM1! 

I bought nasi lemak for 50 cents, another 50 cents would be put in my piggy bank. Sometimes I saved 50 cents every day for a week to buy something that I want at the Koop. I loved the Pilot Gel Pen. It costed rm5 back then so I saved about 2 or three weeks to get the gel pen. Sometimes bought junk food for 10 cents.

My parents taught me to save money since I was little. They gave me the piggy bank (it's a house bank, not literally a pig) and told me to save money there. When the bank was full, they opened them (they had the key) and we counted the money and they will put it in my saving account.

I think parents should teach their children to save money at young age. Kids nowadays are influenced by the social media and the influencers. They spend their money more on what they want, not what they need. Sometimes they waste their money on unnecassery things because they want to follow the trend. 

Children should be taught on how to save money so that it will become their habit and they know how to manage their money wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Teenagers Commit Crime

  I remembered during my school year, there were few of my friends loved breaking the rules. They involved in crime; some a small, some beca...