Saturday, January 20, 2024

Traditional Costume

 


I am not really fond in Baju Kurung when I was a teenager because I prefer wearing casual especially with pants, not kain.

I usually wear Baju Kurung during Hari Raya only, back then. But when I become older and have my own job, I have to wear Baju Kurung. But I am so fond with the Royal costume where it is only be worn on very special occasion.

Nowadays, many people in Malaysia spread awareness about our traditional costumes. There's Keretapi Sarong where people wear sarong-theme costumes. I never join Keretapi Sarong but I think it can be practised in school. I believe that school students love this kind of thing.

Some teenagers dislike wearing traditional costumes because they think that it can only be worn during special occasion such as Hari Raya celebration and wedding ceremonies. They think that traditional costumes are not trendy for they prefer to be in trend. Some of them are influenced by what they've seen in social media.

So, I think it is crucial to spread awareness of out own traditional costumes because that is part of our culture and heritage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Teenagers Commit Crime

  I remembered during my school year, there were few of my friends loved breaking the rules. They involved in crime; some a small, some beca...