Thursday, February 22, 2024

Traditional Food

 



My favourite traditional food is nasi lemak. I usually eat nasi lemak almost everyday. There are a lot of stalls or restaurant that sell nasi lemak in my place and it is easier to get it.

There are a lot of condiments that you can choose which are fried anchovies, crispy fried chicken, fried egg (or sunny-side-up), shrimp, cuttlefish and also clams. My favourite is ikan tongkol because I grew up in Dungun, Terengganu and they usually serve nasi lemak ikan tongkol (we call it ikan aya).

You can't call nasi lemak without its sambal. Some people prepare nasi lemak with sambal bilis, boiled egg (cut in half or a quarter, depends on the makcik who prepares it), slices of cucumbers and fried beans. The most delicious is when it's served in banana leaves where you can smell nice aroma of nasi lemak.

For me, traditional recipes should be passed on to the next generation especially Malay kuehs because not all people in this generation can cook all these things. I admit that I am not a good cook but I really want to learn to cook traditional food from my mother since she's an excellent cook. We need to preserve our traditional food if we don't do it, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Teenagers Commit Crime

  I remembered during my school year, there were few of my friends loved breaking the rules. They involved in crime; some a small, some beca...